Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hold my Hand




"For I the LORD your God will hold your right hand, saying unto thee, 'Fear not; I will help you.' " -Isaiah 41:13

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A while ago I had been doing some praying about this year, and all of the hundreds upon hundreds of very large and important things which I would have to be juggling this year, and, being overwhelmed, my mind came to the many instances in the Bible in which God says "Fear not for I am with you," and yet we don't believe Him. It is almost as if, Common English being so often used arbitrarily, that we often miss the great magnitude of that the statement being that God is always with us. Not looking down from heaven only, simply throwing down little axioms of encouragement simply meant to trick us into taking a few more steps. God is actually with us every day and every moment, experiencing our own situations as they happen. God does not want us to be the Lone Ranger, having to shoot down all of the enemy, with no one else to help or turn to. That is His job. God is greater than superman. I don't even come close.

God tells His children that he "will hold your right hand." I don't know. That image, to me, is a powerful one. God is not some nameless general in the battle of God vs. the World, and he certainly does not simply send his troops to places that He himself would never go. He goes there himself, with us, as we are in the moment. And it is in that instant in which He helps us. So we have every reason to "Fear not". We know that God is with us, and that when we need it, the help will surely follow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, Brett. I really like the verse. And hopefully I will finally make another post soon. :)

    ReplyDelete